Bill Chase Girls Tournament
BILL CHASE GIRLS TOURNAMENT
JANUARY 17-19, 2020
U10 AND U12 LEVELS
WILLIAM L. CHASE ARENA, NATICK, MA
35 Windsor Avenue, Natick
Open to Girls Teams in U10 and U12 Divisions
3-Game Minimum for All Teams
3-Twelve Minute Stop-Time Periods
Souvenirs and Refreshments for All Players
Awards for All Division Winners
Application Deadline December 15, 2019 (with $200 deposit and an official USA Hockey roster)
Cost: $1000 per team
** No refunds if tournament application accepted and team decides not to play in the tournament **
For more information about the tournament contact tournament director Matthew Schneider at firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Registration - Download, complete and submit the application below to: Natick Comets, ATTN: Chase Tournament, PO Box 382, Natick, MA 01760
Rink: William L. Chase Arena , 35 Windsor Avenue, Natick, MA.
- 2020 OFFICIAL CHASE TOURNAMENT RULES -
1. All teams must be USA Hockey registered.
2. All play will be governed by USA Hockey rules.
3. All players must have legal equipment. MOUTH GUARDS are required at the U12 levels.
4. All teams must be ready to play 10 minutes before scheduled game. Three-minute
warm-up time begins when the Zamboni leaves the ice. Teams must be on the ice
when the Referee signals to start the game or a delay of game penalty will be
5. Teams may consist of up to 18 players and two goaltenders.
6. Non-playing members are not allowed on the bench without a helmet.
7. No team may bring down upper-level players.
8. Head coaches must be USA Hockey patched. A maximum of four (4) coaches are
allowed on the bench.
9. All games will consist of three (3) periods, each being 12 minutes in length and
following stop-time rules. There will be no time-outs allowed during the regular
tournament games. One minute long time-out will be allotted to each team in the finals.
10. MERCY RULE – If, at the end of the second period of play, a team is trailing by five
(5) or more goals, running time will commence. If the deficit becomes three (3) goals
during the third period, stop-time will resume. If the team winning receives a penalty
(that causes them to play shorthanded), stop time will be in effect until penalty
11. STANDINGS - We will be using the 5 point scoring system. 1 point is given for each
period won. 2 points are given for a game won. If a period is a tie, 1/2 point is given to
each team. If a game is a tie, 1 point will be given to each team.
12. FINALS - The two teams with the highest point totals qualify for the finals. If two or
more teams tie in the standings, the following tie-breaker system will be applied:
HEAD TO HEAD
LEAST GOALS ALLOWED
LOWEST PENALTY MINUTES
** A single tie-breaker must clearly break a tie between ALL tied teams. If any teams are
still tied, ALL TIED TEAMS ADVANCE to the next tie-breaker.
A. If the teams played head-to-head, the victorious team will advance. If the
teams did not play, tied, or split a two game series, the teams move to step B.
B. If one team in a three-way tie has beaten BOTH teams head-to-head (without
losing to either team), that team shall advance. The tie between the remaining
two teams shall then be determined beginning again with head-to-head. If there
is no team that has beaten the other two, all three teams go to step C.
C. The teams will be slotted according to the least goals allowed. If two or more
teams have the same number of goals allowed, all teams go to step D.
D. The teams will be slotted according to the highest goal differential. Total
Goals Against will be subtracted from the Total Goals For to determine Goal
Differential. If two or more teams have the same number for Goal Differential, all
tied teams to go step E.
E. The teams will be slotted according to the Total Number of Penalties they
each incurred during the regular tournament games. If two or more teams have
the same number of penalties, all tied teams go to step F.
F. In the event that the teams are still tied at this point, the Tournament Director
reserves the right to make the final decision on where teams place for the
13. TIES IN THE FINALS - If a finals game is tied after regulation play, the following
procedure will be used to break the tie: All divisions:
- 5 minutes of stop time, 4 on 4
- 5 minutes of stop time, 3 on 3
- Shootout (3 on 3, then 1 on 1 until a winner is determined)
14. PENALTIES: ABSOLUTELY NO FIGHTING WILL BE ALLOWED OR
TOLERATED ON OR OFF THE ICE. Referees are instructed to eject any player/s,
coach/s or parent/s engaged in fighting. Any player incurring four (4) penalties in one
game will not be allowed to play for the remainder of that game. If a player receives a
game misconduct, the player will be ejected from the game in which the infraction
occurred as well as the following game. Any head coach whose team receives a total
of 15 or more penalties in one game will be suspended for the following game. If a
coach receives a game misconduct penalty, he will be ejected from the game in which
the infraction occurred as well as the following game.
THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS.
Natick Comets Hockey Club reserves the right to review all cases involving major
penalties, match penalties, game misconducts, and gross misconducts.
Natick Comets Hockey Club reserves the right to escalate punishments of any reviewed
penalty. In the event that a misconduct penalty occurs in the player's last game, the
Tournament Director will notify the team's respective league/s for further ruling. After the
accumulation of 16 total penalties in one game, the clock will run nonstop. Any penalties
remaining at the end of regulation will be carried over into the subsequent overtime
Minor 1.5 minutes (double minors are considered two penalties)
Major 5.0 minutes
Misconduct: 6.0 minutes
Game Misconduct Ejection and one game suspension
2nd Game Misconduct Ejection from the tournament
15. All game officials will be in good standing with USA Hockey and the state of
16. The Chase Arena Rink Manager governs the use of the facility. Any damage to the locker
rooms will be duly noted and reparations will be the responsibility of the occupying
17. NATICK COMET HOCKEY CLUB OFFICIALS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE
OR ADAPT ANY TOURNAMENT RULE AT ANY GIVEN TIME.